Answered

Does properVOLUME have the ability to control the volume on digital system outputs?

Anonymous 11 years ago updated by properVOLUME 11 years ago 0

I am looking for an app that lets me control (i.e. reduce) system wide audio volume on an SPDIF output, as the Mac doesn't support this out of the box. I guess there would be some audio processing needed for this. Can properVOLUME do this? Thanks!

Answer

Answer
Answered

Hi,

If your mac can't change the volume of your optical output device from within the sound control panel, then properVOLUME won't be able to change it either. properVOLUME is more or less a user interface improvement on top of the standard OS X tools for manipulating audio devices. It makes what the mac can already do easier to do, lets you see and do it all in one accessible place with fewer clicks. But it doesn't add any new capabilities to manage audio devices that the mac can't natively do.

Sorry about that!

Answer
Answered

Hi,

If your mac can't change the volume of your optical output device from within the sound control panel, then properVOLUME won't be able to change it either. properVOLUME is more or less a user interface improvement on top of the standard OS X tools for manipulating audio devices. It makes what the mac can already do easier to do, lets you see and do it all in one accessible place with fewer clicks. But it doesn't add any new capabilities to manage audio devices that the mac can't natively do.

Sorry about that!